Who are we?
The CEINCE is a cultural initiative promoted by the Schola Nostra Association, a collective which brings together diverse teaching staff and researchers of the universities of Valladolid, Burgos and Salamanca, and other groups and people linked to pedagogical renovation.
The CEINCE also counts on a network of collaborators which extends to a considerable number of universities in the country and to other sectors of the school system and of non-formal education. In the same way, outstanding Spanish, European and American academicians make up its Scientific Council.
The current director is Professor Agustín Escolano Benito of the University of Valladolid. He was previously Professor of Salamanca University as well as the President of the Spanish Society for the History of Education (SEDHE) and member of the executive committee of the International Standing Conference for the History of Education (ISCHE).
What do we do?
The CEINCE covers, among others, the following fields of activity:
- The cataloguing and diffusion of the Documentary Fund of School manuals placed in the Centre. Incorporation in the data bank of the Germán Sánchez Ruipérez Fund and the Centre’s web.
- Incorporation of the Fund into the Manes Virtual Bank coordinated by the Centre for Research into School Manuals of the National University of Distance Education, Madrid in which more than 20 Spanish, European and Latin-American universities participate.
- The creation and maintenance of the Forum on “The School Book in the Knowledge Society”, with the participation of authors, publishers, designers, academicians and users of manuals.
- Distance and in situ consulting about the thematic and documentary fields covered by the Centre.
- Training and supervision of doctoral students, researchers, scholarship holders and professionals in the subject of school culture.
- The design, preparation and diffusion of thematic exhibitions, both stable and travelling, on different aspects of school culture.
- The development of the programme “Archive of the Record of Education” with the collection, registration and exploitation of the oral, written, iconic and material sources produced by members of the school and of other social circles.
- The organisation of regional, national and international courses, seminars, colloquia and scientific and didactic meetings on subjects relevant to the fields covered by the Centre.
- Technical help to the regional Administration in the museum project of a School History Itinerary about the rural school of Castille and León in the 20th century.
- Cultural invigoration in contexts of non-formal educational contexts.
Where are we?
CEINCE is based in Berlanga de Duero, Soria, Spain. Berlanga is a small town declared to be of historic and artistic interest which was the home of the Marquisate of the Velasco, Tovar and Frías family, Royal Lieutenants of Castille.
In this town, the CEINCE is housed in the 16th century Manor House, attributed to the Bravo de Laguna family and declared by Royal Decree to be a national historic and artistic monument.
The Centre is on the ground floor of the building, restored as a museographical space, with various new constructions for the following elements: Exhibition Hall, CEINCE Administration Office, Documentation Service (with an area for researchers), the Julián Sanz del Río Lecture Hall and the Library.
All this, together with the gardens works, as a whole in the context of the nearby Collegiate, the Castle, the Walls and the Royal Lieutenant’s Palace.
C/ Real, 35
42360 Berlanga de Duero, Soria
975 343 123
Utilizamos cookies para mejorar nuestros servicios analizando sus hábitos de navegación. Si continua navegando, consideramos que acepta su uso. Acepto Más información